Sunday, March 18, 2012

Looking for the Bones....


.. ..



© carol voccia 2009....

.. ..

I carved a boat and sailed....

Along sour shores eaten by sharks

Ragged rocks slice open spilling sky

A bubbling stream and wide mouth bass

Called me



I didn’t look back

As I opened your folded letter with spiney fingers ....

A picture clear and transparent

Leaked out



Grasping not the shadow in its message

The wind and silver brine opened my face

Each word stood as

Pure ice and

As heat curling waves lapping

I could not see your ink or envision the

Empty verse scribed
Neatly placed ....

I stained my napkin with

Water steamed open by my opulent eye

Not gazing upon or

Beginning to comprehend

The starless night

.. ..

Our moons drifting in shapely crescents

You, gone among the mists

Of Orion’s belt....

And I gathering up every fish pouring them out of the ocean

Into the rings of Saturn

The booming voice of reason pounds against me

But I will cast my net instead....

Looking for the bones

No comments: