Saturday, April 7, 2012

August




©carol voccia 2012







I know August

She’s sultry moist air waiting for a summer storm

Firing lighting waves of charged particles dancing in the rain

Splashing against fruit hanging ripe in freckled shapes of pear

And avocado

I remember August

Her light seeped under lush forests

Washing her hair in tepid streams along hemlines of curving shores



Oh I had August

While blazing against the whole horizon

She quaked and spun corn silk

Milking creamy meadows

Singing in budding fields of sheer wildness



I adored August

As she scooped up froth of ocean bellies

Her smile a full wave against the melting sky

Her eyes fire and smoke curling south reading poems of

Heat and salty sand

And just when I thought her arms loved me

She knew when to part a kiss

And turn away to greet

September

No comments: