Thursday, July 21, 2011

Proof of Happiness



Proof of Happiness

© carol voccia 2010 july....

.. ..

In a pile of letters with X’s and O’s

Scratched and worn out vinyl discs

Hours more play in them

Causing distorted memories


Blurred reality at its best


Baskets of cards


Certificates of a job well done, pay stubs and tax credits

Holiday get a-ways

Just in time, finding time, if we only had time

Port wine spilled and stained


Permanently affixed on moms favorite table cloth

Hide it under the turkey so she won’t see

By the fire, you kneeling on silk

A wish


A plea

A soft glow moment

My to-do list, your I’ll get’er done list and the

Quiet times admiring the triumphs of

All done


Half done


Never got done

.. ..

Inspiring flics, baby pix, the friends and family mix

Quilts, finger paints, the urn with daddy’s ashes

The time we slept naked in the yard


Regrets -bins of them ordered in priority

Sins taken lightly

Left on the curb

....

My art, your poems


Your art, my poetry

Tucked in books

Tucked in sack lunches

Tucked inside my veins

A new me, a new you, a re-invention out of the old version


Jewelry given

Pressed flowers

Letters from your mom

The dog’s baby teeth in a jar

The cat claw marks on the back of the couch

Your photo

Your eyes smiling


A warm hug and passionate kiss

A mirror inside me shinning for you to see

No comments: