Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wreckage


It started like a train wreck already swollen steel
Angled and twisted
You wrote thick wild words all packed in tight
Metaphors and begged me to consider all the
Wetted dewy thoughts of tying me up at
The gates of passion dangling on ropes of
Grated lust Like orange peels and limey acid plucking out
The sour notes
You were about to tell me the bitter truth
Instead
The froth of silk and sugar spilled from your
Lips and I bought the whole notion of you in a single
Leap right to the railroad tracks that would
Find me endlessly chasing your tales

You were beguiling in your passionate
Assessing the treasures I could perform on you
Never once reveling that your heart was taken by others
A lie falling between us as you touched my crème d' rogue and sucked deeply
Into my magnificent garden all the while feeling my hard legs and milky thighs
Wrapped around your bending need
I was the mistress you wanted and you ate my honeyed fruit
God! you savored me and I fell to the ever cunning poetry
You and I feverishly penned with such elastic thoughts and gaudy images Ringing the urgent fantastic in every way possible
And still
The tight fist of your heart was always between us
Even in the book store over coffee
Or at my bed inside the hours of salty heat
The amazing wonderings of your ache and in the scorched thrill of our aggressive
I became an Amazon and you my captive pawn but in the end the
Belly of chess captured the queen's delicate neck in a noose and the only Way out was to let you dissolve into the inky fog you created
Keeping the idea of us pure folly

Our jade green nights lay short
And your wind swept days with "her" long and endless like
The tracks you road on before we became
wreckage

(c) carol voccia 2007

No comments: